Whenever I make lasagna, we have it for about a week because baking dishes are usually too big. Mattina and Renée love this dish and it’s a great way for them to have their vegetables.
Veggie Lasagna How To
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Cook the lasgna sheets in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Cook the flour in the melted butter.
- Add the milk and stir until lumps are gone and sauce has thickened.
- Season it with the nutmeg, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Set aside the thickened sauce.
- Wipe the mushrooms and slice them.
- Wash the zucchini and eggplant. Slice them into circles.
- Heat the oil in another pan.
- Saute the eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms.
- Season with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Assemble the lasagna: lasagna sheet, sauce, vegetables, cheese, lasagna sheet, sauce, vegetables, cheese
- For the top layer just have: lasagna sheet, sauce and cheese
Yummy option: Spread malunggay pesto on the top layer before ending with cheese.
Up the nutrition
For protein, add ground chicken to the veggie mix